Thursday, April 1, 2010

Personal Way of Keeping Time

Being an art major, most of my days are spent working on different artworks. When assigned this project, I immediately began to think of all the different ways that my life revolves around art, and the different mediums with which I work. Because I am currently in the color course, in which we are working with paint, I decided to base this project off of the frustrations that occur while working with paint. Like the saying, “It’s like watching paint dry”, it can be irritating when I always need to take breaks while working with paint in order to let the paint dry so I can add another layer. Thus, I determined that I would personally keep track of time by adding a layer of paint at every hour and half hour of the day. I have also chosen to assign the different times individual colors as listed below:




12: Red

1: Red- Orange

2: Orange

3: Orange- Yellow

4: Yellow

5:Yellow- Green

6: Green

7:Green- Blue

8: Blue

9: Blue- Violet

10: Violet

11: Violet- Red

I added a single layer of paint for each hour and half hour throughout the day for twenty-four hours. Also, I periodically took pictures during this time. My final product was approximately 1/16” thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment