Thursday, April 22, 2010

For my final performance I chose to face a fear that has held me back for a very long time. Being afraid of heights has its limits. In order to achieve this task I harnessed myself to a tree trunk and leaned over the edge of the tree house for the duration of our foundations class.

































As I sat up in the tree I would read aloud one fear that a friend of mine had faced at some point in their life. Every 4 minutes I was able to reveal a new fear. By doing so I was able to use my friends will power to help me overcome what I was trying to accomplish. Then after the fear was revealed I threw the card from the tree house and as it drifted to the ground it symbolized being able to let go of this fear that has limited you for so long.

































Here is a list of all the fears I was able to collect from my friends throughout this process of facing my fear.







No comments:

Post a Comment