Sunday, April 25, 2010

Final Endurance Piece

I chose to do a critical analysis on Holly Pasquarellas endurance piece. For her piece she meditated on the hill outside of Reimer while being blindfolded. For this, she would be surrendering herself in public without her vision. She had to rely on her other senses like smell and mostly sound to get an idea of what was going on around her. I think she chose something that is interesting and something everyone should try.
After seeing her do this, I have been paying more attention too my surroundings and sounds alike. One thing I would change about her piece was fabric coordination. She was laying on a striped beach towel while wearing a black and white bandana, it just didn't look pieced together. It seemed her concept was the main focus which is good because you do not need to have fancy things for this project, just trust in your surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment