Thursday, April 22, 2010

Analysis

The viewer enters Miller looking down the stairs to see Alex Kozachek sitting in the corner with his back against the audience. The viewer then moves down the stairs to be on the same level as Alex. He ignored the audience and continues to stare at the corner.

When looking from the top of the stairs Alex was fighting with my attention with the window. This was not a problem for me because I enjoyed the struggle between this tiny person and the massive beautiful scenery outside the window. The window in a way was like the authority figure that put Alex in the punishment. The struggle was the reason he was sent to the corner. When I walked down the stairs that struggle with my attention died and I focused more on Alex. That was sort of like I was understanding his side of the argument and the punishment because more harsh.

The way he was being punished did not seem that harsh. The amount of time he was sitting there seemed a bit scary, but since the piece over exaggerated the punishment I thought about the punishment not being that harsh. Since I viewed the piece as more of a story I felt sorry for Alex but not all the kids who have been through that punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment