Thursday, April 22, 2010

Critical Analysis

I shall analyse Jackie's piece!
Barefoot and garbed in only a plain black dress, Jackie walked in endless circles on the pavement between Tefft and Reimer for three hours. She was hunched over from the cold and winced with every step as little bits of gravel poked her feet. Her hands were held up under her chin as she tried to stay a little warmer, and her long hair hung down almost covering her face.
My first reaction upon seeing her as I left Tefft this morning on my way to class was "what in the world is she doing." Upon realizing that it was her performance piece I immediately felt sorry for her since she looked freezing and in pain, and was going to have to continue this for three hours. When I returned to view her piece with the class I was once again struck with a great desire to help her, to perhaps wrap her up in a large fluffy blanket. I think Jackie's piece garnered the most emotional response from me; I felt sorry that she was having to endure this.The choice of location was perfect, with a dumpster as her background. It conjured thoughts of some lost little girl, alone in an unknown and undesirable place.

No comments:

Post a Comment