Sunday, April 18, 2010

Endurance Performance Proposal

I, Li Fong, will be on the lawn between Cannon and Barresi Halls for three hours on Thursday April 22 and will be eating an entire box of clementines. I will position the discarded peels in a pattern (you will have to stick around to see what I create in the end). Although clementines are indeed a pleasing fruit, there are twenty (give or take) in a box-- that's more than six per hour. Therefore, this task is surprisingly difficult and unpleasant; what if I have to pee (all that water is bound to make me have to go-- I will have to designate bathroom breaks), and what if I get sick (will I need a vomit bag)? By repeating over and over the common act of eating a healthy fruit, I am exemplifying concepts of consumption and excess.

No comments:

Post a Comment