Thursday, April 22, 2010

Endurance Performance























With this performance, I was really looking to have a good time for my final project. Impersonating a mime fit into that idea perfectly. I love to make people laugh and I've never really tried doing that without talking. I didn't know if I could do it really. When the day came for me to mime, I didn't hold back anything.


















I decided to pace around King Alfred to almost mark my territory, letting the people decide whether they wanted to risk coming into my space. Many people decided to walk far away from me or keep their head down as they went by. Others came right up to me and waited for me to do something.









































The student interaction was really fun. Some people mimed with me and I got tons of hugs. I heard other students talking about me from a distance and pointing at me. The people who did come up to me gave me comments like "This would happen in Alfred" and "I think you're awesome for doing this!".























The hardest part about being a mime was the fact that I had never done it before. It was really cold out (especially at 8 am) and coming up with different routines and expressions for every person was hard as well. I kept my composure quite well, I was proud of myself! Overall, it was fun to be outgoing and goofy for 3 hours while challenging myself to keep quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment