Sunday, April 18, 2010

My Decleration of Endurence

I Phillip Alfred Yannella will be adopting the persona of a caterpillar for 3 hours on Friday April 23 behind Cannon first year res hall. I will be to the right of the path leading up to Reimer, hanging between two trees in my green hammock with netting around it. I am going to transform my hammock into a cocoon by spinning toilet paper around it and being inside my sleeping bag. I am going to dress in very bright colors so that when I emerge from my cocoon I will make the transformation into a butterfly. This is an endurance piece because me being silent and enclosed in this cocoon is going to be very difficult for me to do. I will not talk to the people around me and Will not fall asleep. I must be awake and thoughtful for my full transformation to happen.
I have come upon this idea because I am completely fascinated with this idea of caterpillars making a metamorphose into butterflies. The fact that these tiny insects don't live very long but go through enormous change is shocking!

No comments:

Post a Comment