Thursday, April 22, 2010

Critcal Analysis of Sarah Kernan

I decided to evaluate Sarah Kernan's endurance piece. For her piece she decided to sit in a box in her common room of her dorm building for the three hours. I feel like this would be categorized as facing a fear. It would fit under that category because if I was sitting in a closed box for three hours I would start to feel claustrophobic.

Sarah's box was big enough to fit her whole body but I assume she was sitting in a crouch like position because the box wasn't that wide and she has long legs. You could not see her at all. In front of the box there was a little peek hole that she could open and peer out of to see what was going on outside the box.

While I viewed her piece, at some points I was tempted to shake the box or tap it or something, just to see if she would react to it. But over all I enjoyed it because it was interesting and different.

No comments:

Post a Comment