Monday, April 19, 2010

Tongue Machine





In this project my initial intention was to create some sort of device that would move artificial tongues up and down while being connected to a black mysterious box. I started by creating the tongue out of a piece of vinyl used for stamps and some prints. After the tongue and lips were created it was really a task to make the tongue go in and out of the box. I spent hours trying to figure how to get it how I wanted it to. Then i realized I needed to put the mechanism together. For the purpose of the tongue it ended up on the side of the box towards the top. A little top heavy at first so one thing I did was create a system where it could balance with ease. I enjoyed the simple lever that made a subtle wiggle of the tongue when agitated. The black box really made a big difference along with the brown tape I used to neaten up.

No comments:

Post a Comment