Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Nudity

This experience was very liberating for me. I was a little nervous at the onset but once I was nude and lying on the floor I became very calm and at peace. I closed my eyes. I just let go of everything and cleared my mind. I listened to people's reactions and heard many interesting things. The most common reaction was, "What the fuck!" but others included: "Wait, can someone tell me what is going on", "Is she okay?", "The naked body is a beautiful thing", "I would never be able to do that", "that's completely normal, people are always walking around with their tops off, you should have gone to terrace 13 to get some real reactions".

My main struggle with my performance was that the floor was extremely cold and I was shivering uncontrollably at times. I hardly cared though, because I was just so happy that I was doing something so meaningful to me. My intent was to get people to face the nude body and see their natural reaction. The nude body is so natural, everyone has one, though when people see one their reactions are not that it is something so familiar but instead something quite unexpected. I still struggle with understanding why nudity is so taboo.

No comments:

Post a Comment