Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Body Painting






For my performance I painted my arms and legs with layers of acrylic paint. Eventually I ended up doing different designs because it was more interesting than just another solid color. After a few layers and hours the paint got crackly on my skin and felt absolutely disgusting, also I was in a tank top in shorts and was thoroughly freezing. And as I reasearched online after I was done my performance, acrylic paint is a skin irritant and also toxic. I probably should've researched that before I did this. Needless to say by the end of it, I was extraordinarily itchy, had broken out in hives, felt incredibly nauseous (which lasted a few days) and very uncomfortable. Even after showering several times I still had a tint to my skin. Needless to say, it was certainly an endurance.

Also thanks to Beth Antes for taking the photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment