Friday, February 12, 2010

6 Hours Performance : Dots





















For my performance, I decided to make dots with my pens and markers in Moka Joka. Tuesday, February 9th 2010. After having a dinner with my friends, I went harder hall with my bristol pad. I started to make dots from 7:11pm to 1:11am. I was so worried if I could stand for 6 hours making dots since 6 hours is not short time to do something. Before I start my 6 hours performance, I kept thinking how I usually spend 6 hours in my normal day. But I wasn't really sure because time goes fast when I hang out with my friends or do my homework .However, I really enjoyed this performance because I found out lots of interesting things. When I start the perfomance, I thought the last 2 hours of performance would be worst because It is pain to wait another 2 hours until get done. For me, It was very hard to make dots in the beginning of 2 hours.I switched the color every hour and I used 2 colors for each paper. So basically I had 3 papers during 6 hours. First paper, I feel like I payed attention to time and kept looking at clock every 5 minutes and I didn't really satisfy with the way that came out with dots.
Second paper, I really enjoyed this one because of music. Actually I made dots with rhythm of music that I listened from my friend's music. I think that's why I didn't check the clock as much as I did first one and I realized that the time went fast. Finally the last one, even I was really tired of making dots, I started to draw something with my dots. I don't remember how I started but actually I started making pointillism and I could concentrate on my last one.
The reason I decide making dots for my performance was I usually draw or make dots when I'm bored and that always make me feel comfortable. I did know it would be really hard to do that for 6 hours. Also many people think I was crazy doing that. However I enjoyed my performance. I usually one of the people watch someone's performance all the time, even it was only 6 hours, I was happy that people watched my performance and think I'm crazy doing those because I felt same thing when I watch somone's performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment