Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Helene in a box. Endurance

Starting at 1:40 pm on tuesday in Harder hall, i sat in a box for 6 hours. I found a cardboard box in the foundation studio and placed it near mocha joka, next to the couches. Then i placed myself in the box and sat for 6 hours. I had a history book with me that i was going to read, but people would constantly be coming up to my box and tap, kick, shake, talk to or stare at until i popped my head out of the box. People were very curious to what i was doing and were surprised i was there for 6 hours. I thought this performance piece was very interesting and i actually met some artist around harder. It was very nice to get out of the box at the end of the 6 hours and stretch my legs, my butt really hurt by the 4th hour. My one friend brought me a branch from a pine tree, i put it in my box and it totally smelled like a christmas tree in my box. Im glad i chose to do this for my performance piece it was very amusing.














































1 comment:

  1. IN class today it was brought up that i had my history book with me in the box. Yes this is true, i did have my book with me, However i did not once crack open the book, not one time. I was too occupied being in a box for six hours. I understand that this may sound odd, but i was so busy observing my surroundings, explaining to people why i was in a box, interacting with everything and everyone, listening and watching people and interesting things passing me by in harder hall and documenting my thoughts. I didn't even nap when i was in the box. It was interesting to me that my endurance piece was so demanding even though it seemed as if i was just sitting there.

    ReplyDelete