Saturday, February 27, 2010

Record of Time

For my record of time, I listened to an album of music on my ipod for every "hour". Each album that I chose had a duration of about an hour. So, each album provided a rough estimation of how much time had passed. Each track was a subdivision of the album, or the normal time equivalent of a minute. So this is a new way of telling time without using a clock. Here is my "music clock" of the 12 hours that I did this assignment:

1st album- Midnight Marauders by A Tribe Called Quest
2nd abum- Labor Days by Aesop Rock
3rd album- Hello Nasty by The Beastie Boys
4th album- Mind Fusion vol. 3 by Madlib
5th album- Do You Want More!?!!!??! by The Roots
6th album- A Retrospective by KRS One
7th album- La La Means I Love You by The Delfonics
8th album- Stakes is High by De La Soul
9th album- Tales of Forgotten Melodies by Wax Tailor
10th album- Music by Cavelight by Blockhead
11th album- Enter the 36 Chambers by Wu-Tang Clan
12th album- Liquid Courage by Wax and EOM

No comments:

Post a Comment