Monday, January 25, 2010

Time In Cigarettes



Photograph courtesy of Jonathan Merritt


When given this assignment, it dawned on me, what could be the best possible way to document the amount of time it takes to me to walk places and wait for people to go places? What could be the best possible way to document certain aspects of my day without using minutes? Timing in cigarettes. I would be able to measure how long it takes me to smoke a cigarette, a half, or quarters of a cigarettes.
  1. After Foundations- Harder Hall to Ade Hall= 1 cigarette
  2. Tefft Hall to traffic light in town = 1 cigarette
  3. Waiting for Sarah May to come out of Baressi= 1/4 cigarette
  4. Baressi to Cohen Studio= 3/4 cigarette
  5. Tefft to equestrian center in a car = 1 cigarette
  6. Cohen studio to green house on Alfred State = 1 cigarette
  7. 1/2 cigarette for my selfish ex-boyfriend to come out of his dorm room
  8. 1/2 of my cigarette = 1 of his cigarettes
  9. Friday Morning- 1/2 cigarette waiting for class to start when i arrive
*I actually quit smoking as of today.




No comments:

Post a Comment