Monday, January 25, 2010

Personal Clock

For me my personal clock runs on how i’m feeling… living every moment separately and analyzing the change throughout the duration of that moment.

Today when I got back from Foundations class, I walked into my form at 11:11. I made a wish (of course) and remembered something about a talking wrist watch my father used to own. It got wet once and after that the voice had problems saying eleven. It would say “the time is… Tleven : Tleven”. This memory made me think of being home with my dad. At this time I always feel a little bit homesick.

Almost immediately after I entered my door to the time I left to go to my next class(11:11-12:14) I recorded (somewhat accidentally) me and my roommate, Elizabeth, carrying on a normal conversation (well normal to us). These are the times I’m happiest talking and giggling like middle schoolers with my best friend. I know when I don’t feel anxious about something or restless that I have spare time to just hang out in my room.

From 1:00-2:15 I sit in my brand new art history class nervously thinking “this might be actually really hard”.

At 2:30 I call Nabal Camacho. “I need a ride to Tinker Town…. you have a car and I have the laziness. We can make this work”. He agrees to pick me up at 3:30. At 3:26 I’m sitting outside with Elizabeth smoking a cigarette. We both agree to quit smoking after this cigarette… didn’t we say that yesterday? I pay close attention to the time it takes to Elizabeth to smoke her cigarette and the time it takes me. I notice the slow burning paper making interesting designs until the ash shows through and I realize what I’m putting in my body. I think this might be it! It’s 4:00 and still no Nabal… he calls right as my battery is about to die… he fell asleep. I didn’t mind that much as it was very nice outside and I was enjoying just sitting and listening. Being engulfed in time but not afraid of it.

From 4:56 to 7:20 I work on another assignment for Foundations (COLOR). I get frustrated as to how something so simple as a color wheel can be so difficult to make.

From 7:34 to 9:30 I sit in a very awkward situation with a group of friends and at 9:37 I lose this group of friends. How could a day so simple and fairly nice end so shitty? I’m confused as I think about what just happened and how fast that moment came and left me that I had no time to analyze it. I literally have nothing to say about this.

And now at 11:55 I feel the soft sheets on my beg beckoning me to come and have a lie down. I nod my head trying to stay awake, still trying to understand the troubling issue I had dealt with a few hours earlier. And (11:57 I took a break to brush my teeth…12:02, i’m back) now I’m going to lay me down. This is my favorite time of the day… for in my sleep time seems suspended and I feel a good kind of emptiness that can be cleansing. Goodnight all, goodnight Alfred, goodnight Elizabeth and goodnight moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment