Friday, March 26, 2010




When asked to document 24 hours of my personal life, my mind went blank. What do I do that could be significant enough to hold a time slot or measurement? I couldn't conjure an action or a significant influence I had on my environment, so I documented my environment.
I feel a loss of time on a regular basis; I'm consumed with thoughts and observations of my ever so busy surroundings.







I designed an assignment sheet for the public of Alfred stating :

"Time can be defined by an individual based on a sequence or precess. I am asking for individuals of Alfred to document their day with the minimal of the following information -

• Where are you located right now?
• What time is it?
• Wat are some thoughts that have consumed your week?
•What thoughts have consumed your day?
•What are you thinking in this exact moment?

Document this information on a an object, piece of paper, a wrapper, or even a napkin (basically if you can document these questions on it, then you may use it). Options beyond this include providing personal objects found in your wallet, pockets, etc.

As a final note I do not want to know your name. I just want evidence or rather a bookmark of where you are in this moment."

I used the information gathered from over 10 people to contrast how I saw my day. I could not document moments even when I tried during the day. A lot was on my mind and it felt as thought these thoughts were a swarm of bees, frustrated in their attempt to find order. So, I documented in one fell swoop my thoughts through words and depictions. I wrote over the words repetitively when ever a new thought would disrupt the previous one's track. After concluding the documentation of chaotic thoughts, I burnt parts of the paper at midnight, because thought most of these thoughts would consume my days to follow, I was working away at the edges to clear some room for the moments to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment