Tuesday, March 23, 2010

24 hours measured in observing people eating apples.


I documented the passage of time over a 24 hour period by observing how many people ate snacks during the day. I decided to narrow it down to apples cores. Surprisingly I was lucky as the day went on I saw four people eat apples throughout their daily journeys. As I walked to the Cohen studio, I came in contact with one of my friends eating an apple for breakfast in the early morning. The rest of the apples were consumed at lunch, the studio, and before bed. At the end of the day after I collected all of the apples from as many observations that I had found, I let them sit overnight to show even more of a passage of time as shriveled up apple cores. I created a linear visual effect with the apple cores through sewing a string through them because I wanted to get across a message of time elapsed through each space from one apple to one above it.

No comments:

Post a Comment