Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tracking Time Without a Clock


In this assignment, we had to figure out a way to record a passage of approximately 22 hours without using any type of traditional clock. So, I recored time by using the people I talked to most throughout the day. To do this, I had people I spoke to stamp their fingerprint on a sheet of paper, and then I'd write their name on their print. For each period of "talking time" with them, i would trace their fingerprint with a pen. At the end of the day, I had about 20 fingerprints, with as many as six rings around one. This recorded the time I spent talking to these people throughout the day in a way much like how a tree has rings to show its age.

1 comment:

  1. ...this is late, i know. i had trouble getting a Google account. apparently i wasn't getting the "word verification" right.

    ReplyDelete